Sunday, January 31, 2016

How Do You Show Love?

I love working with clients on enriching their relationships because the wellness and richness of our lives is directly related to the quality of
our relationships. So often we are busy acting in very "unloving" ways and then wonder why we are not feeling the love of those that matter to us. The important thing to remember is that the loving thing to do is to consider the other person's needs wants and feelings when attempting to communicate with them or to do something special for them. So often we cook a dinner we like instead of what we know the other likes; we buy gifts that we would like instead of truly considering if the other person would like it, we communicate in a way that makes us comfortable instead of in a way that would make the other person comfortable.
How do you show the people who matter to you that you love them? and What do you look for from others that tells you they love you?
One of the best books on love in relationships is Leo Buscaglia's book Loving Each Other: The Challenge of Human Relationships in which he suggests the following things to consider as you demonstrate love to those special people in your lives:
> Tell me often that you love me through your talk, your actions and your gestures. I may show signs of embarrassment and even deny that I need it-but don't believe it, do it anyway.
> Compliment me often for jobs well done and don't downgrade but reassure me when I fail. Don't take the many things I do for you for granted.
> When you respond to me so I feel special, it will make up for all those who, during the day, have passed me without seeing me.
> Don't invalidate my being by telling me that what I see or feel is insignificant or not real. If I see and feel it-for me-it's my experience and therefore important and real!
> Respect my silences. Alternatives for my problems, creativity, and my spiritual needs are most often realized in moments of quiet.
> Listen to me without judgment or preconception. Being heard, like being seen, is vital. If you truly see me and hear me as I am at the moment it is a continued affirmation of my being as we help each other to change.
For more thoughts on LOVE and how we can bring it into all our relationships please join me for my February Brunch and Wisdom event on February 21st. Your invitation is below.

ST. MARTINS WINE BISTRO AND MOLLY BEHANNON, LIFE COACH AND MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER, INVITE YOU AND YOUR GUESTS TO FEEL THE LOVE AND

JOIN US FOR OUR FEBRUARY BRUNCH AND WISDOM EVENT

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 21ST            12:30-2:00              3020 GREENVILLE AVE.

ENJOY A LOVELY BRUNCH IN A RELAXING AND BEAUTIFUL ATMOSPHERE WITH THE POSITIVE ENERGY OF GREAT PEOPLE AS MOLLY MOTIVATES US TO ENRICH ALL OF OUR RELATIONSHIPS AS SHE BRINGS US HER TOPIC:

“LOVING EACH OTHER: THE CHALLENGE OF HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS”

Dress is Casual and Complementary Valet is available.

Price for the event is $20 per person.

 

WE NEED TO KNOW YOU ARE COMING NO LATER THAN SAT. THE 20th!  PLEASE RSVP TO MOLLYBWELL@yahoo.com or contact John at St. Martins by calling 214-826-0940 to reserve your seat at the table by telling us how many in your party and leaving a contact number

No comments:

Post a Comment