Thursday, October 6, 2016

Embrace Yourself

For my own motivation and spiritual guidance I read on a regular basis, A Deep Breath of Life by Alan Cohen. Yesterday's message was very powerful so I decided to share it with you today.
   "At a conference I met a psychotherapist named Leonard who told me, 'I try to get my patients to accept and appreciate all of their feelings I teach them that there is no such thing as a bad feeling. Anger, Fear, and Sadness all bring us valuable opportunities to awaken and grow. We must embrace all that we are and experience.' Later, I overheard another man telling someone about Leonard's work:
'I heard a therapist this morning who says we should tolerate ourselves.' But Leonard hadn't said anything about tolerating ourselves. He suggested that we celebrate ourselves. In that distinction lies the entire key to our healing. To tolerate is to put up with something that is obnoxious or abhorrent. and hope that it goes away soon. To celebrate is to find the beauty, honor it, expand it, and live in the glory of a precious treasure. True healing begins with self-acceptance. We must embrace ourselves, rejoice in what we are, and magnify it to the highest degree." 
May I suggest that you write down the following affirmation and post it where you will be reminded each day to say aloud:
I AM A MIRACLE OF LOVE. I AM PERFECT AS GOD CREATED ME.

Stay well and embrace your feelings. All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment