Thursday, August 31, 2017

THANK YOU, LOUISE!

I was sitting in my office helping a client create her new positive affirmations and was sharing with her, as I have for 30 years, some activities from You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay, when I got a text from Heather. I waited until my client had left and then read the text informing me that Louise had left the planet peacefully at age 90. Instant tears flowed as I reflected over my life since Louise Hay became my mentor and inspiration. It was in 1986 when one of my interns did an activity that impressed me. I asked her where she had been taught that and she told me that she read it in a book  entitled You Can Heal Your Life.  When I left the office that day, I headed to the store where my intern had gotten the book and that day my life changed!
Over the past 30 years You Can Heal Your Life has served as the "workbook" for my clients.
Because I believe that self love and self acceptance are the foundation for mental and physical health and well being, Louise's books, lectures, and videos have provided me with amazing tools that help develop life skills that are life changing.
Louise Hay's personal story is amazing in and of itself. She truly practiced what she preached even though she did not get started on her counseling and teaching journey until she was in her 40's.
I was fortunate to have met her one day many years ago at the Bronx restaurant where we got to visit as colleagues, and because of the power of affirmations was able to tell let her know several years ago how much her work has inspired my work and the work of so many mental health professionals.
When Leo Buscaglia, another of my mentors, left the planet I promised to continue his Love work, and now I make the same promise to Louise. A promise to continue to teach, guide, motivate and inspire others to love themselves, to practice positive thinking, to embrace the present moment, and to understand the power of forgiveness in our personal and spiritual growth.
Louise Hay modeled unconditional love and believed we all have enough love in our hearts to heal the planet. It is time for us all to celebrate our hearts and to truly model the power of love. I close with her words from her book, Heart Thoughts, A Treasure of Inner Wisdom.
      "Dedicated to Your Heart: Our hearts are the center of our power. I have learned that we create easily and effortlessly when we let our thoughts come from the loving space of the heart. Claim your power now."

On September 14th from 5:30-7:00, I will be presenting a special Wine and Wisdom event at St. Martins Wine Bistro in Dallas paying a tribute to the life and work of Louise Hay. I hope you can join us. Contact me to make reservations. The price is $20 for my presentation. The happy hour menu will be available from 5-7 and you are welcome to stay for a wonderful dinner, dessert and coffee, cocktails etc. following my presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment