Monday, March 26, 2018

THE POWER OF POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS


Sometimes I find it challenging to help clients understand the importance and the power of positive thinking and positive affirmations. After years of practicing positive thinking and knowing how powerful our thoughts are in terms of our mental and physical health, I too can sometimes get off base and fall into the trap of scary and sad thoughts. The trick is to catch ourselves doing it. I know that if I am feeling anxious or depressed or lethargic or unsettled, it is my body and spirit responding to the negative self talk. My red flags show up when I am just not being the person I intend to be. It is then that I get myself up and out around positive people, start reading uplifting materials, start expressing gratitude, and most importantly change my self talk. If we talked to a 5 year old child the way we sometimes talk to ourselves, I am sure the child would feel scared or hopeless or unmotivated and certainly less than. Make an intention to think positive thoughts, to let go of all negativity every day and to affirm regularly the things you want to be true for you. Remember that the body is the battlefield for the warfare in our mind, and truly love yourself enough to stop scaring and criticizing yourself. Affirm everyday I choose Joy! I am healthy and happy and prosperous! I surround myself with loving and caring people! I release patterns that no longer serve me! I love and approve of myself! I have a wonderful life! I am grateful for all the love that surrounds me!

Stay well and stay joyful!
Namaste, Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment