Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Wisdom Is Avoiding All Thoughts That Weaken You

In preparation for my upcoming Wine Wit and Wisdom Event at which I will explore one of Dr. Wayne Dyer's 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace( Wisdom is Avoiding All Thoughts That Weaken You), I was struck by a piece in my favorite daily inspirational books, A Deep Breath of Life by Alan Cohen.
In this piece, For Your Own Sake, Forgive, Cohen reminds us of the importance of forgiveness if we are to find inner peace. He begins the piece with this quote: "Holding resentment is like eating poison and then waiting for the other person to keel over."
He goes on to say: "When we hold on to anger, hurt, or resentment, we only hurt ourselves. By withholding love from another, we deny it to ourselves. If you keep someone in prison with your thoughts, you have to sit at their jail door to keep them from escaping, and thus become a prisoner yourself.  To free another is to free yourself. When you give the gift of release, your spirit is healed."
I know that there are some behaviors that seem impossible to forgive, but if you want to live a life of wellness, you must understand that acid eats the container that carries it and be willing to care enough about your mind body and spirit to let all thoughts that eat at you go.
          Perhaps this affirmation will help you to stay in thoughts that strengthen you:

             "Lift all negativity, resentment, and sense of victimhood from my heart.
              I want to recreate my relationships to reflect only love, honor, and healing."

                                           I GIVE FREEDOM AND I AM FREE.

Namaste, Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment