Thursday, June 27, 2019

REMEMBER TO LAUGH

"A PERSON WITHOUT A SENSE OF HUMOR IS LIKE A WAGON WITHOUT SPRINGS-
  JOLTED BY EVERY PEBBLE IN THE ROAD." Henry Ward Beecher

Humor helps us manage the rocks and the potholes on life's road.  It makes our encounters with these bumps smoother.  Like the springs of the wagon, laughter can buffer us and make the journey more enjoyable.

Humor is very important in my work and life.  I look for it, use it and try to create it with others. It helps me laugh at my self and, I hope, with others.  Although my work is often serious, if I couldn't laugh and have fun while doing it, I would stop.

Laughing, especially at ourselves, during a particularly difficult moment, can relieve the tension and be a reminder not to take ourselves so seriously. It's not that there aren't serious problems in our lives and the world-there most certainly are-but laughter can help keep things in perspective.

                                    Smile, chuckle, grin, giggle, guffaw, LAUGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment