Thursday, May 5, 2016

Nature as Sanctuary

For many years I have designed and facilitated personal and corporate retreat experiences in order to help others create and maintain wellness and balance in their lives and their relationships. There is something very magical about getting away from our daily routines and stressful lives to focus on ourselves and just "be" with no expectations or deadlines. Me beliefs and feelings about the power of nature to help us return to Harmony is so beautifully explained by Carole London in her book, EarthWalk.
   "For me, Nature is the universal sanctuary. No matter where I go in Nature, even if only to my small backyard in the city, I can find a haven where there is protection, renewal, support, refuge, seclusion, rest, quiet, peace, and where I can find myself. Nature is a safe harbor that I keep anchoring to when I feel overwhelmed and in the need of shelter. What is it about Nature that causes such feelings? For me, it is because Nature is so in touch with who it is and the purpose for its being here. For example, the pine tree will always perform its duty of pinetreeness, while at the same time being in perfect harmony and balance with everything else around it. Also, I feel totally embraced by my surroundings, with nothing being asked of me except to be present and to listen with my heart."

As part of your personal wellness plan, I encourage you to take a moment for yourself each day to "return to nature" be it by walking in a nearby park, watching the hummingbirds in your own backyard, stopping by a lake or a pond and just sit for a while watching the clouds and listening to the wind. In our very noisy and busy world, we must find quiet places and just allow ourselves to "be". It is in those spaces that we remember what truly matters to us and can refocus and renew our spirits and our bodies. I am offering a personal enrichment retreat at the beautiful Shooting Star Ranch and Retreat (just 20 minutes south of downtown Dallas in Red Oak) on May 21st. Reconnect with nature and renew your spirit at our beautiful and peaceful wellness setting. You'll be nurtured by 24 acres of trees, a quiet creek and a variety of home settings for a perfect and easy getaway. Simply click on the events tab for information and registration details.
Hope to see you there. Stay Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment